Dr Stephen Lokier will be convening a session entitled ‘Sedimentary processes in modern and ancient carbonate systems’ at this years European Geosciences Union General Assembly, Vienna, Austria 19-24 April
This session will bring together scientists working on sedimentary processes associated with the development of modern and ancient carbonate platform systems. The session will give new insights into:
- The effects of external parameters on carbonate depositional systems.
- Internal feedback mechanisms as a role of influencing carbonate sedimentation.
- Quantitative estimates of carbonate sediment production and accumulation rates.
- Carbonate platform development in mixed carbonate-evaporite and carbonate-siliciclastic settings.
- Carbonate sedimentation is stressed environments.
The www link is: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2009/session/979